4 Houses, 1 MGS Family
The MGS House system was first formed in 1932, with the four houses named after Methodist pioneers in Singapore: Blackmore, Oldham, Shellabear and Horley. They were later renamed Blackmore, Olson, Lee and Jackson.
These current House mascots were created by the students themselves, selected based on their positive qualities, and meaningful Biblical references to spur each girl to greater heights, not just for their house but also for the MGS family!
The MGS House spirit comes alive during school events such as the MGS Swimming Championships and Secondary Cross-Country Meet when the students don their house colours and cheer for their houses with enthusiasm. Fridays are House Days, where all students are encouraged to come to school in their respective House T-shirts to bring across greater house unity and affiliation